Customized Pet Spay and Neuter in Chandler, AZ
With pet spay and neuter, you help your loyal companion live a healthier, more relaxed life. Both cats and dogs receive several medical and behavioral benefits from this routine surgery. Cats often have frequent and disruptive heat cycles. We determine the best time to spay or neuter dogs on a case by case basis, because individualized care is one of our first priorities. At the Animal Medical Center of Chandler, we’re passionate about caring for animals in the Phoenix and East Valley areas and this includes quality pet spay and neuter services.
Spay and Neuter Benefits
The benefits from pet spay and neuter help your furry family member live a better quality of life by reducing their chances for developing worrisome behavioral and medical issues. Some of these benefits include:
- When females are spayed, the risk of ovarian and uterine cancer is greatly reduced or eliminated altogether.
- The risk of breast tumors is also reduced in females, which are deadly in 90% of cats and 50% of dogs.
- For males, the chances for prostate problems is reduced.
- The chances for developing testicular cancer is eliminated in males.
- Roaming behavior can be curtailed in male and female pets.
- Urine spraying and marking is reduced or never started at all.
When Your Pet Should be Spayed or Neutered
We encourage you to talk to us about the optimal time to spay or neuter your breed or type of pet. It can be in your dog’s best interest to wait until after they reach reproductive maturity. This protects them from developing unnecessary musculoskeletal conditions, aggressive behavior changes and urogenital issues. Larger breeds of dogs should ideally be spayed or neutered between 12 to 24 months of age. Smaller breeds of dogs can be spayed or neutered between 6 to 9 months of age, but this can be delayed if you’re comfortable with your pet going through a heat cycle. Cats can be spayed and neutered as young as eight-weeks old. Whether you have a large breed dog, small breed dog, or a cat, we determine the best time for spay or neuter by weighing the pros and cons for your pet. Contact us at (480) 339-0406 with any questions. We’re ready to provide you and your pet with friendly, compassionate care.